We are seeking a Psychologist to join the wonderful Irabina team!
- You love working with kids and inspiring the community
- Recognize the unique needs of kids with autism and their families
- Experience world-class autism services which are designed to support the whole family, and create a community to nurture your child’s development.
- Transform the future for kids with autism
- Get excited about the possibility of working in a supportive multi – disciplinary team
- Work in a dynamic workplace where you can develop and enhance your skills as an Occupational Therapist
Irabina is at the cutting edge of service delivery for autistic kids and young people. We are the largest autism centre in Australia and offer state-of-the-art, evidence-based assessment, intervention, training and research. And we advocate for children and young people with Autism.
We believe that our staff at Irabina are as unique and special the kids and young people that we provide support for. It’s our ability to attract talented and committed people that will dictate our ability to change the lives of young people with Autism and their families and transform autism for future generations.
We know that to excel professionally, you need to be taken care of personally, and we promise an environment and experience that delivers on both. This is also a promise to our families to attract, retain and surround them with a leading staff that feels valued, supported and excited to come to work.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We come to work and change the lives of young people and their families.
- We run market leading, innovative programs, that no other austism centre in Australia runs.
- We provide a setting where you will feel supported, and have access to some the most specialised support network available.
- We are a team that enjoys having fun whilst working and have awesome team bonding events on a regular basis.
- We are a highly respected and established team, where you will be treated as an equal and be respected, regardless of the amount of experience that you come with.
- In working with us, you will be provided with guidance and structure. Mentoring and professional development will also be provided.
- A great work / life balance is also provided, own your calendar and dictate when you work.
To assume the role of psychologist in a trans-disciplinary team of professionals committed to family centered practice. The role is both profession specific and one of a skilled early intervention worker and family service coordinator.
Strategic and Clinical Leadership
- Planning and providing therapy to children with an autism in a trans-disciplinary group environment, in line with identified family centered goals.
- Planning and providing therapy, counselling and clinical services to children, adolescents and adults in both individual service provision or in group settings, as required.
- Assessment of mental health status of parents of children with autism. Intervention to promote optimum parenting of such children. Counselling for grief/loss and emotional trauma associated with parenting a child with autism.
- Providing family service coordination if required to allocated families.
- Providing information regarding child development and behaviour and the role of the psychologist to families and other professionals or organizations involved with the families, at their request.
- Undertaking relevant assessments of children’s social skills, behaviour, play and cognitive abilities, as required for program planning purposes.
- Undertaking relevant assessments to assist in determining a diagnosis of autism and other developmental conditions in children.
- Documenting all assessment and intervention information consistent with Irabina policies.
- Undertaking education sessions to families, team members and community members to improve outcomes for children with an autism.
- Undertaking ongoing professional development to work towards the below competencies.
- Attending regular discipline specific meetings and contributing to discipline specific and Irabina wide planning and evaluation of services.
- Participating in clinical mentoring sessions.
- Participating in undergraduate/postgraduate psychology student clinical supervision
- Appropriate Psychology Qualification and current registration with the Psychology Board of Australia, as a fully registered psychologist.
- Applicants must undergo a Working with children check.
- Current driver’s license.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level negotiation, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to providing services to people from diverse language/cultural backgrounds.
- Agreement to be checked against the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme
- Current Police Record check
- Experience in Paediatric therapy service provision.
- Awareness of principles of, and dedication to evidence-based practice.
- Awareness of the principles of family centred practice.
- Eligibility for membership of the Australian Psychological Society.
We look forward to hearing from you.