Irabina Autism Services is seeking an experienced paediatrician to join our Specialist Service Team. Irabina specialises in delivering programs for children and adolescents diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families. We are the largest Autism specific service in Australia and have been providing services for almost 50 years. We recognize that having Autism not only affects the child but affects the whole family and therefore all programs delivered are family centred. We work alongside families to provide Autism education and skills to assist the children and parents or carers on their journey. Our focus is to provide opportunities for toddlers to adolescents to become the best they can be.
To be suitable for this role you will need to meet one of the following criteria:
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist, and/or overseas trained specialist pathways.
- Have full working rights within Australia
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement.
Key Selection Criteria
- MBBS or equivalent degree enabling registration with the Medical Practitioners Board of Victoria
- Registration with Medical Practitioner Board of Victoria.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain professional registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA) or other relevant body entitling practice in Victoria and must provide evidence of that registration to Irabina annually.
- Hold FRACP (Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians) or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the capacity to interact with a broad range of clinical service providers.
- High level negotiation, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to providing services to people from diverse language/cultural backgrounds.
- A current and valid Working with children check and a Police Check.
If this sounds like the next step in your career please apply via the link below or reach out to our People and Culture team on either 9720 1118 or email@example.com