Irabina is at the cutting edge of service delivery for children and young people with autism. We are the largest autism centre in Australia and offer research and evidence-based support, intervention services, education and training programs. Irabina is a family centred practice and we exist to advocate for children and young people with autism.
We believe that our staff at Irabina are as unique and special as the kids and young people we support. It’s our ability to attract talented and committed people that will dictate our ability to change the lives of young people with autism and their families and transform autism for future generations.
We know that to excel professionally, you need to be taken care of personally, and we promise an environment and experience that delivers on both. This is also a promise to our families to attract, retain and surround them with highly skilled expert staff who feel valued, supported and excited to come to work.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We come to work and change the lives of young people and their families.
- We run market leading, innovative programs that no other autism centre in Australia runs.
- We provide a setting where you will feel supported, and have access to some of the most specialised support networks available.
- We offer great salaries with access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free). Never heard of it? Check it out here https://www.salary.com.au/how-it-works.
- We are a highly respected and established team, where you will be treated as an equal and be respected.
- In working with us, you will be provided with guidance and structure. Mentoring and professional development will also be provided.
- A great work / life balance is also provided, own your calendar and dictate when you work.
We are seeking an experienced Paediatrician to join our Specialist Services Team. We see children at all levels across the autism spectrum and with other related developmental disorders, but it’s our work with children and young people most severely affected by autism that puts us at the cutting edge of service delivery. This role presents as a way of developing a knowledge and experience that’s completely unique that will advance you both as a paediatrician and a person.
Our Paediatricians work closely with Irabina psychologists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists and educators to provide a wrap around and holistic service to Irabina’s children and their families.
If you fulfil these requirements, take your opportunity to change your life and the lives of thousands of families:
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist, and/or overseas trained specialist pathways.
- Have full working rights within Australia.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- MBBS or equivalent degree enabling registration with the Medical Practitioners Board of Victoria.
- Registration with Medical Practitioner Board of Victoria.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain professional registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA) or other relevant body entitling practice in Victoria and must provide evidence of that registration to Irabina annually.
- Hold FRACP (Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians) or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the capacity to interact with a broad range of clinical service providers.
- High level negotiation, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to providing services to people from diverse language/cultural backgrounds.
- A current and valid Working With Children Check and a Police Check.
This is a unique role that will fill fast. Apply today via the link below or reach out to our People and Culture team on either 9720 1118 or People&[email protected]