Irabina is at the cutting edge of service delivery for children and young people with autism. We are the largest autism centre in Australia and offer research and evidence-based support, intervention services, education and training programs. Irabina is a family centred practice and we exist to advocate for children and young people with autism.
We believe that our staff at Irabina are as unique and special as the kids and young people we support. It’s our ability to attract talented and committed people that will dictate our ability to change the lives of young people with autism and their families and transform autism for future generations.
We know that to excel professionally, you need to be taken care of personally, and we promise an environment and experience that delivers on both. This is also a promise to our families to attract, retain and surround them with highly skilled expert staff who feel valued, supported and excited to come to work.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We come to work and change the lives of young people and their families.
- We run market leading, innovative programs that no other autism centre in Australia runs.
- We provide a setting where you will feel supported, and have access to some of the most specialised support networks available.
- We offer great salaries with access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free). Never heard of it? Check it out here https://www.salary.com.au/how-it-works.
- We are a highly respected and established team, where you will be treated as an equal and be respected.
- In working with us, you will be provided with guidance and structure. Mentoring and professional development will also be provided.
- A great work / life balance is also provided, own your calendar and dictate when you work.
Irabina is seeking to appoint a Grade 3 Occupational therapist, to take on a clinical leadership role at our Bayswater site. The role is to provide clinical support and expertise to a multidisciplinary team of professionals committed to family-centred practice. The role is primarily clinical, and has a leadership focus.
Irabina offers training and assistance to employees in attaining the knowledge and experience required. We are a not-for-profit organisation with a cohort of more than 100 highly skilled staff and offer generous salary packaging and Employee Assistance Program.
- Support the Team Leader OT in clinical service matters.
- Provide effective coordination and efficient management of clinical services in conjunction with the OT TL and Hub manager.
- Provide clinical leadership to the OT team.
- Provide representation for discipline in clinical, professional and organisational matters as required.
- Manage a clinical caseload and provide professional services to families and children impacted by ASD.
- Provide specialist consultancy to clinical staff in the management of children with ASD.
- Conduct complex clinical assessments.
- Undertake clinical leadership and professional guidance and supervision (through team meetings and case reviews), mentoring and professional development with the clinical team.
- Provide clinical supervision.
- Provide and have oversight for student supervision program at site.
- Document all assessment and intervention information consistent with Irabina policies.
- Undertake education sessions for families, team members and community members to improve outcomes for children with an ASD.
- Attend regular team meetings and contribute to team and Irabina-wide planning and evaluation of services.
EXPERIENCE & ROLE REQUIRMENTS
- AHPHRA registration required, with 2+ years since AHPHRA registration.
- 7+ years of working as an Occupational therapist, with 3+ years’ experience in paediatrics.
- Demonstrable strong, transparent and positive leadership style.
- Experience in Paediatric and / or adolescent service provision.
- Experience working with children and young people with autism.
- Awareness of principles of, and dedication to evidence-based practice.
- Eligibility for a Medicare provider number.
- Working with Children Check.
- Current and valid Police check.
- Will require a DWES check.
- Current drivers licence.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a unique role that will fill fast. Apply today via the link below or reach out to our People and Culture team on either 9720 1118 or People&[email protected]