Grade 2 Paediatric OT
We are seeking a Grade 2 Paediatric OT to join the wonderful Irabina team!
- You love working with kids and inspiring the community
- Recognize the unique needs of kids with autism and their families
- Experience world-class autism services which are designed to support the whole family, and create a community to nurture your child’s development.
- Transform the future for kids with autism
- Get excited about the possibility of working in a supportive multi – disciplinary team
- Work in a dynamic workplace where you can develop and enhance your skills as an Occupational Therapist
Irabina is at the cutting edge of service delivery for autistic kids and young people. We are the largest autism centre in Australia and offer state-of-the-art, evidence-based assessment, intervention, training and research. And we advocate for children and young people with Autism.
We believe that our staff at Irabina are as unique and special the kids and young people that we provide support for. It’s our ability to attract talented and committed people that will dictate our ability to change the lives of young people with Autism and their families and transform autism for future generations.
We know that to excel professionally, you need to be taken care of personally, and we promise an environment and experience that delivers on both. This is also a promise to our families to attract, retain and surround them with a leading staff that feels valued, supported and excited to come to work.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We come to work and change the lives of young people and their families.
- We run market leading, innovative programs, that no other austism centre in Australia runs.
- We provide a setting where you will feel supported, and have access to some the most specialised support network available.
- We are a team that enjoys having fun whilst working and have awesome team bonding events on a regular basis.
- We are a highly respected and established team, where you will be treated as an equal and be respected, regardless of the amount of experience that you come with.
- In working with us, you will be provided with guidance and structure. Mentoring and professional development will also be provided.
- A great work / life balance is also provided, own your calendar and dictate when you work.
We are looking for a Paediatric Occupational Therapist to join our team. We work with children and young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Planning and providing therapy to children with an ASD in a trans-disciplinary group environment
- Providing family service coordination to allocated families
- Providing information regarding sensory motor skills, participation in daily living skills and the role of the occupational therapist to families
- Providing individual and/or group therapy to children in line with identified family centered goals
- Undertaking relevant motor, sensory, play and self-care assessments
- Documenting all assessment and intervention information, including therapy reports, to a high standard, consistent with Irabina policies
- Undertaking ongoing professional development to work towards the below competencies
- Attending and contributing to regular discipline specific meetings.
- Contributing to discipline specific and Irabina wide planning and evaluation of services
- Participating in clinical supervision and mentoring sessions
- To provide clinical supervision to more junior staff members
- To provide student supervision
- To participate in Quality Improvement activities on an ongoing basis
- To display a commitment to self-directed learning
- To lead or co-lead a specific program e.g. feeding group, basketball program
SELECTION CRITERIA ESSENTIAL
- Occupational Therapy Qualification and eligibility for practicing membership of Occupational Therapy Australia.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Paediatric Occupational therapy service provision.
- Previous experience working with children on the autism spectrum.
- Awareness of principles of, and dedication to evidence-based practice.
- Awareness of the principles of family centered practice.
- Previous experience supervising junior occupational therapists and/or occupational therapists Students.
- Applicants must undergo a Working with Children check.
- Applicants must undergo a Police check.
- Current driver’s license.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level negotiation, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to providing services to people from diverse language/cultural backgrounds.
- Eligible for a Medicare provider number.
- Member of Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Knowledge and experience working with NDIS participants.
- Previous experience or willingness to use telehealth platforms for clinical assessments and intervention.
- Further training in the ESDM, SOS and/or DIR/Floor time model would be viewed favorably.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- To be employed in accordance with the Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010.
- Irabina is a Public Benevolent Institution, generous Salary Packaging Options are available to all Irabina staff.
Participation in Performance Review Procedures and all other quality improvement initiatives implemented by Irabina Childhood Autism Services.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please complete the application form below and attach your resume and cover letter.